Monday, August 10, 2009

Riding the Wave

I just spent the last week at the wave conference. It was awesome. I have never been to the wave church before, but I love it. If I ever have to relocate there, I will call that church home.

Here are some points I got from the messages I heard there:

At Boshoff (from South Africa)
  • God is not a style or a method
  • You can't be standing on the fence [when it comes to your relationship with God], because God is going to shake the fence and you are going to fall to one side.
  • When you bump into Jesus,you bump into your destiny
  • When you lose focus of Jesus, the relationship becomes religion.
  • The highest purpose in life is to be a soul winner.
  • Win the lost at any cost.

Jentezen Franklin (pastor of Free Chapel Worship Center)
Friday Morning

  • Church should be so life altering hat people don't go back to what they intended to do [outside of God's will].
  • God's church has the power to interrupt people's intentions.
  • We should never come into God's presence and leave unchanged.
  • People should be able to tell that you are spiritually living.
  • The supreme law of worship: Ezekiel 46:9 "But when the people come in through the north gateway to worship the LORD during the religious festivals, they must leave by the south gateway. And those who entered through the south gateway must leave by the north gateway. They must never leave by the same gateway they came in; they must always use the opposite gateway." (you cant leave the same way that you came).
  • The first mark of the beast was the "?" - the first ? in the bible with when the serpent talked eve in to eating the forbidden fruit helping her to doubt what God had said/promised.
  • Satan wants us to question what God is doing or going to do.
  • a "?" is just an out of shape "!". We should be declaring, not questioning.
  • Faith places no limitations on God and God places no limitations on faith.

Friday Night

  • It's so easy to talk ourself out of victory.
  • The power of death and life are in our tongue.
  • Joshua watched a generation that was supposed to go into the promise land talk themselves out of their victory.
  • Joshua 6: no one said anything going around the wall.
  • Naturally, our tendancy is to complain, talk, etc when we look at what's happening in the natural.
  • There is a victory in progress if we would just keep silent.
  • Psalm 46:10 "Be Still and Know that I am God."
  • Adversity = Add-A-Verse-To-Me .... when adversity comes, it's time to pray
  • Even in the stress of the situation, it's not the time to talk bad about it....we need to quit talking about what is against us. Keep quiet except for praise.
  • Sometimes God's word for us is just wait. What if God is saying it's not time yet, just trust Me.

All of these messages (including Ed Young's which I will post about later), I believe, were spoken just because I was there. It was exactly what I needed to hear. There are so many promises that God has spoken to me that I am believing for. I am choosing to keep quiet except for praising, to not ? but ! the goodness of God and to remember that He can do anything... far more than I could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us. (Eph 3:20).

I am excited about this new season in my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment