Saturday, June 6, 2009

Italy trip part 3

We are having so much fun...making new friends from all over the world. Jess and Gab got here Wednesday and we didnt do much that day because they were worn out. We hung out at the Palaghiacco where the conference will be. and we got to talk to Jorge Suarez for a while. He is one of the funniest people I have ever met. He used to be the music director of a church that I didnt live to far from in Maryland and knew some of the people I did from High School. What a small world.

Thursday is when the fun began. I got up early to go help get some of the guest speakers from the airport. It was fun to meet so many new people. I took a couple trips back and forth and now I feel like I could drive that route with my eyes close. Actually, I wouldn't drive, but I could guide some one how to get there. I am still too scared to drive around here. They have some amazing brakes in all these cars. I dont know how they do it.

Jess and Gab also helped out as well and spent the day with Martin Smith (from Delirious) and his family. He has 6 beautiful children and one HOT wife, who doesn't look like she birthed 6 kids. They are very sweet. (One thing that I really like about all the guest speakers and musicians is that they are so down to earth and very friendly).

The conference started Thursday night, with Parachute Band and then Aline Barros sang. She is so beautiful and has an amazing voice that just brings in God's presence so readily. Pastor Marco Peixoto spoke and it was amazing. He is one of my favorite speakers. I can't wait for him to come to DC.

Yesterday, Friday, we all went to tour the city. There were over 20 of us ... definitely too many people to try navagate the city together. We ended up splitting up during part of the day and just doing whatever. We went through the colosseum and then ended up just getting lunch right near there. I love the food here...Italian food in the US doesnt compare at all. I know I'm going to have to go on a diet when I get back. Its way too good to give up. Any way we took lots of goofy pictures and had a blast. These people are so funny!

Last night, Martin Smith led worship with the MXG band. It was so cool to see my brothers (Andre, Fabio and David-the pastors son's at this church) leading worship along with him. Then Darlene from Hillsong preached an awesome message on prayer and the importance of it...and that even when we dont see results we thought we were supposed to ... God's word still says to pray. Because it will all work out in HIS timing.

Everynight after the meetings we have been in the guest speaker tent just chatting with everyone, laughing and having a good time. I realized again last night that I laugh really loud, because it got silent after this one point when I laughed and the whole tent full of people looked over. haha.. I need to work on my volume... honestly, they should realize Im italian and that we dont do anything quietly.

It's been an honor to be with everyone and to help out and to just be apart of what God is doing here in Italy. I am looking forward to the rest of the conference. Lisa and John Bevere both today....can't wait.. and i just found out it's her birthday today.. so Happy Birthday Lisa!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you are having a blast! Glad you get to have the extra couple of days. Hope you can relax at some point. Have fun for me too! Love you and Miss you like crazy! It's no fun dancing to techno by myself. :-/

    ReplyDelete