Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Exciting events in the near future...

Our recent sermon series at church is called Anatomy of a Miracle. The first Sunday, Pastor Donna (aka Mom) spoke, she said, What is the one big thing you are believing God for? Well I want to share a couple things that I believe are miracles in my life that I have been believing God for over the past few months.

1.) Moving to a new apartment: I can't wait!!! Hannah (my room mate) and I have been praying for a new place to live over the past year with several specific items I wanted in the apartment or in the surrounding area as well. So we have been casually looking for some place else to live with in that time, but never really felt released to do much of anything else but look. FINALLY, in March, we heard about this new apartment building in the city. When we looked on the website, Hannah and I didn't really think we could afford it. But we both prayed and looked at our budget and realized that not only could we afford it, but felt released to look at it and sign the lease. I went and looked at it on a Thursday, the following Sunday Hannah went and looked at it and we signed the application to move in that same day. It was so God. This place has everything that Hannah and I have been desiring in an apartment building: A pool, a gym, zone 6 residency, 2 blocks from the metro, It's brand new, has 2 bathrooms, a DISHWASHER (You don't realize how much you love those things until you don't have one for 3 years.)...I mean the list goes on... We move Memorial Day weekend..YAY!!

2.) Rome, Italy: Over the past 3 months, I have been praying and asking God whether I am supposed to go to Italy for the MXG Conference in June. I wanted to go, but also wanted to use that money towards my own vacation; just me and God. I also didn't want to spend more than $600 on a plane ticket over there. To buy a ticket at that price would need a miracle in itself. So then Monday night I had a dinner with a friend and while I was talking to him about my dilemma, I had an epiphany/word from God... I can do both vacation and conference. So I searched for tickets where I could go on a mini vacation before the conference and I found one for $550, and completely felt it was God so I bought it. So I am going to be gone May 31-June 9. I get to Rome a couple days early so I can enjoy the country by myself, then I join my 2 sisters in Rome that Wednesday. I am so excited. I never would've imaged this to be possible, and God made a way. Now, I am just believing God that He will do something supernatural when I have to speak Italian. I feel so rusty. hehe

1 comment:

  1. How funny, I have the same upcoming events!
    MOVING AND ROME!

    ReplyDelete